Author Topic: General Final Fantasy XV Discussion  (Read 1705 times)

SwordStealer

• Knight of the Round
  • "I'm going to punch the donuts out of your hair."

• View Profile
General Final Fantasy XV Discussion
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:00:49 PM »
While some have been waiting less, a lot of us have been waiting 10 years for Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

However, now it's known as Final Fantasy XV, and there's a good chance that it's in your PlayStation 4/Xbox One!

What are everyone's thoughts on it? Favorite characters? Funny Prompto snapshot? Talk about it here!

Personally, since I loved XII so much, I like the open-ness the game provides. It kind of reminds me of Xenoblade in a way. I also enjoy Prompto snapping pictures along the way, some things lead to hilarious pictures.

wee187 is my twin from across the country!

VCent

• Moppet

• View Profile
Re: General Final Fantasy XV Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 11:45:55 PM »
I'm still waiting for my copy! ;(

Anyway, from what I played of the Judgment Demo, the game is pretty fun and the character interactions look like one of the best in the series. I wonder why the camera got worse from the Platinum Demo though... hopefully that's fixed in the full game for easier combos.

(Oh, and I got a glitched picture from Prompto when I was sitting with that Penguin in one of the first towns, he was near the door, which is 5 meter away from the bench where Noctis was sitting, an took a photo aiming at the door instead of Noct; the photo did not come out great)

kokushishin

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 03:10:18 AM »

Same here, waiting for it to arrive.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 11:46:19 AM »
Waiting for a PS4 to arrive. :P

@Bram: You should consider making the FFXV board more easily accessible, especially now that the game is out. You should also try fixing the bug where the last post from this board isn't shown on the top forum page (e.g. the latest post was here, but it show's a post from the FFXIV board).

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 04:39:12 PM »
@Bram: You should consider making the FFXV board more easily accessible, especially now that the game is out. You should also try fixing the bug where the last post from this board isn't shown on the top forum page (e.g. the latest post was here, but it show's a post from the FFXIV board).
Its a bug within the forum software and since they don't consider it a bug, but a safety measure against slow database queries I can only fix it by moving up this board 1 category ::)

Personally I've just finished watching the movie and the anime to get some well needed background. The game itself doesn't really seem to provide any background so far. (Though granted I haven't even finished chapter 1 yet, so I guess I should continue the actual story before I say this stuff).
Also look out when you start exploring outside of the story mode, already got my first death since I happened to run into a lvl 52 enemy ::)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 05:37:21 PM »
People have mostly complained about the story. It lacks background within the game and apparently it's a mess, too. Then again, people have complained that the movie was a mess, but I had no issues with it. The anime shouldn't really be necessary to understand the story. All it does is present an event from Noctis's past and background on the other three characters.

Also look out when you start exploring outside of the story mode, already got my first death since I happened to run into a lvl 52 enemy ::)

Wild Saurian says hi. ;D

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

SwordStealer

• Knight of the Round
  • "I'm going to punch the donuts out of your hair."

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 11:50:16 PM »
Ayy, Bram, Chaos, how've you two been?

We're getting massive deals on gas, too. If you look closely at the pumps, it says "Gil per Gallon: 231".

wee187 is my twin from across the country!

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 11:27:03 AM »
Must be really cheap yea, a full tank only cost 5 gil (even after increasing the tanks capacity) :o

The story picks up at the end of chapter 1, at least now the game told me why I'm even going on the road trip to begin with :P But yea story wise I'm not impressed yet. Then on the other hand I've been playing for 8+ hours already and only just reached chapter 2. If I where to cut out all the exploring, I could have probably reached that point in less than 2 hours ;D  So in terms of the world and combat the game got me hooked on quite good.
In other words I can see where the complains are coming from, but I'm just hoping they are exaggerating them 8)

Wild Saurian says hi. ;D
Almost the only difference is that we had to attack the Wild Saurian ourselves, this dude just came out of the dark en killed me out of nowhere ;)

Ayy, Bram, Chaos, how've you two been?
The same as always. Having a nice job and enjoying my free moments playing Final Fantasy and hording new goodies for my collection ;)

So how far in is everybody. I'm currently 25 hours in and at the start of chapter 6, story wise I'm about to enter anther "temporary point of no return". So right now I'm simply driving around, trying to clean up my quest log a bit. Problem being that for every quest I finish I tend to always pick up a new one ::)