Author Topic: New Guide - Cerobi Steppe Chest RNG Manipulation Guide  (Read 325 times)

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
New Guide - Cerobi Steppe Chest RNG Manipulation Guide
« on: July 30, 2017, 11:19:16 AM »
I've been working on this for a while and finally completed it last night. It is now hosted here on FFT and this is the first website to get it.

Unfortunately, after uploading it I found a bad error and have resubmitted the corrected version to FFT. It will probably be corrected at some point today when Bram sees it but in the meantime, if you do use the guide, take note of the following:

If you do the chests in the North Liavell Hills area, enter from The Terraced Bank and NOT from South Liavell Hills. I was originally working on the chests after being in South Liavell Hills but it rained so much I moved to the other end. I forgot to change the text in the guide.

The guide is pretty simple to use and, as far as all the testing I've done is concerned, it all seems to work fine. I don't want to think about how many hours I spent doing that  :-\

This thread can be used for you to make any comments about the guide that you want to or to ask questions if you need to. I will make sure to check in a lot to see if there's anything that needs addressing. If you find an error please point it out so I can either correct it, or correct YOU  :P

This guide is going to save you more hours on this game than you would believe which gives you more time to enjoy the game and less time farming items with stupid percentage chances. I hope you like it and remember this: There are NO stupid questions....only stupid answers so feel free to ask me anything about it.  :)

EDIT: I've just been informed by Bram that the corrected version of the guide in now up  :D

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:25:14 AM by FF12Grandmaster »

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: New Guide - Cerobi Steppe Chest RNG Manipulation Guide
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 01:09:15 PM »
To be honest, it doesn't appear that Bluesang has an effect on the RNG so I can't be sure if it's necessary to remove him;

One random number is used to determine whether or not he spawns.

Do you happen to have a list of the spawn order of the chests for us who know how the RNG works?

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Ashe

• Hedge Knight
  • Ashe
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 01:51:50 PM »
Congratulations on successful completion of your project. All your contributions are worthy assets and the community benefits greatly.  :)

PSN: Honored_Knight
PSN: AsheBnargin

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »
One random number is used to determine whether or not he spawns.

Do you happen to have a list of the spawn order of the chests for us who know how the RNG works?

I just did it by trial and error. I started at a certain point with Reks and looked to see which chests spawned. Then I reloaded, moved the Reks cure values on one and looked to see what spawned that time. You can see by the list of Reks's cure values how far I moved on to get certain chests to spawn. I ignored a lot of spawns because if I was down to the last chest or two I wasn't interested in the chests if the one I was looking for didn't spawn. I just wanted to have a list that included every chest at some point which is why the cure values to spawn the chests are all over the place.

Congratulations on successful completion of your project. All your contributions are worthy assets and the community benefits greatly.  :)

Thank you kindly, Zhako. Good to meet up again :)

Ashe

• Hedge Knight
  • Ashe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 03:50:01 PM »
Thank you kindly, Zhako. Good to meet up again :)

Rob, that's twice I've been mistaken for xAshe10x. First, pprincess in stream now you? I'm disappointed. Lol!  :D

Anyway, I tried for what seemed like an eternity and never could get 88, 97, 90 or 97, 94, 95.

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 04:01:02 PM »
Rob, that's twice I've been mistaken for xAshe10x. First, pprincess in stream now you? I'm disappointed. Lol!  :D

Anyway, I tried for what seemed like an eternity and never could get 88, 97, 90 or 97, 94, 95.

Sorry, Ashe, my bad with the Ashe10 error

Are you sure you're resetting to a cold start before loading Reks? Options Square is not good enough. You have to press PS button, options, close application and then start the game up again.

Also I can't see a 97 94 95. It doesn't exist in the guide at all. In fact, in the list of numbers I gave for Reks's cure values, the number 95 doesn't appear at all.

Try the cold start.

Ashe

• Hedge Knight
  • Ashe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 05:36:02 PM »
No worries at all.

I got the second string of numbers from the guy referenced in your guide. He uploaded an alternate video for those who couldn't get 88, 97, 90. I must be doing something wrong because I can't get 97,94, 95 either. Tried first on a new game minus save then normal. I'll start from scratch and try again.

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 05:54:58 PM »
No worries at all.

I got the second string of numbers from the guy referenced in your guide. He uploaded an alternate video for those who couldn't get 88, 97, 90. I must be doing something wrong because I can't get 97,94, 95 either. Tried first on a new game minus save then normal. I'll start from scratch and try again.

Sometimes the RNG starts further down than normal. If that happens you just have to reset and try again. Here is a list of the Reks cure values where all of my sets of 3 fall into:

86 87 96 94 86 93 96 90 97 90 92 96 87 93 92 88 94 97 87 88 97 90 92 87 94 94

Just start casting cure with Reks and after 2 or 3 casts you should see where you are in the list. Keep going until you get the three you want. I have underlined the 3 you were looking for. :)

Ashe

• Hedge Knight
  • Ashe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 06:19:10 PM »
Did cold start. Started normal new game. Cleared NPC and saved. Loaded main save and setup on deck. Dashboard out. Cold start then finally got 97, 94, 95. Reloaded deck autosave. This spawned chest. Waited for boy to stop midrail on second pass and success!  ;D

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 06:41:28 PM »
Did cold start. Started normal new game. Cleared NPC and saved. Loaded main save and setup on deck. Dashboard out. Cold start then finally got 97, 94, 95. Reloaded deck autosave. This spawned chest. Waited for boy to stop midrail on second pass and success!  ;D

Nice. But my guide is for Cerobi Steppe chests not Seitengrate. :p

Ashe

• Hedge Knight
  • Ashe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 06:52:00 PM »
Sorry, got off track. After giving the reference vid a watch had to try. Now, back on track. The fact you gave the individual cure numbers for each chest is awesome. Will save people allot of time. Perfect files will be in abundance now. Expect no less than 100 different uploaders to showcase their inventories over the next 6 months. All thanks to you! Lol. :D

Cold start. NA digital. Hope this helps:

95, 91, 97, 94, 95, 93, 96, 95, 93, 97, 88, 86, 94, 90, 96, 88, 87, 95, 92, 88, 92, 96, 90, 89, 96.

Lvl. 3

HP 133
MP 42

Attack 14
Defense 4
Magick Resist 4
Evade 14
Magick Evade 0
Strength 24
Magick Power 23
Vitality 24
Speed 35

Mod Edit: Merged the double post.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:29:02 PM by Chaos »

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 04:26:22 PM »
Ashe's Cure Values start WAY in front of the ones I get on my PS4. For those who are also having problems look at the following post from me on GameFAQS for full details on this:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75619849?page=1#79

The only probable solution is for me to write a new section and determine everything again for those whose list starts well in front of mine  :-\

Ashe

• Hedge Knight
  • Ashe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 05:06:00 PM »
I was afraid of that. Ouch!

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 06:31:22 PM »
Ashe's Cure Values start WAY in front of the ones I get on my PS4. For those who are also having problems look at the following post from me on GameFAQS for full details on this:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75619849?page=1#79

The only probable solution is for me to write a new section and determine everything again for those whose list starts well in front of mine  :-\

That's one of the issues with using Cure values and not the numbers provided by the RNG. However, if their list starts before yours, they could simply cast Cure until they get a match.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 11:22:01 PM »
That's one of the issues with using Cure values and not the numbers provided by the RNG. However, if their list starts before yours, they could simply cast Cure until they get a match.

Unfortunately, Chaos, their list is starting after mine so they are missing the values.