Author Topic: Great AP gaining areas [spoilers]  (Read 1622 times)

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
Great AP gaining areas [spoilers]
« on: August 28, 2008, 05:09:35 PM »
I've only found one really good place for AP so far but just before you fight Seymour in his second form (Natus i believe) you have to run up a long corridor like thing. You'll start next to a save point and O'aka will be near you too. Run down the corridor and before you get to Seymour you will see a save point. As you were getting to here you will have had some fights with either 3 machina or one machina and two humans. Save at the save point just before and run around in circles to get in fights. Don't worry too much about mp or hp (but make sure no-one dies. If they do revive them) because after each fight you can just touch the save point. Anyway, keep getting in fights and you'll get a lot of AP. If you overkill all three enemies you get between 4500 and 8415 AP for each fight. Overkills need about 3000 damage there which isn't too hard to get after a while of fighting there. The bad thing is because Kimahri is fighting Seymour he won't be able to fight and therefore won't get any AP himself so when you're done he will be much much worse than all of your other characters. Most of the time it will be fights with the three machina so when you're doing overkills most of the time that is 8415 AP almost every fight. Without building up my AP a lot anywhere else, one hour of this got me enough AP to get all of the offensive -a and -ga spells as well as death and demi with Lulu, holy, regen and curaga with Yuna and a lot of hp, mp, strength, defense etc... with everyone. Even when you're on mt gazaget you aren't making even 3/4 of the AP you do there. It is a great tactic and it makes Seymour incredibly easy. I have maxed out my sphere grid except for the parts you need to unlock level 3 and 4 and some level 2 lock. Other than that i have everything on the sphere grid with everyone excpt kimahri.

Kai Effin Kuro

• Moppet
  • DIVINE BUSTAAAAAAAA!~
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
Re: Great AP gaining areas [spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 02:49:19 AM »
Another easy way:

1. Get Overdrive -> AP weapons. *optional: Get Auto-Phoenix and 99 Phoenix Downs to help speed up the process*
2. Unlock Don Tonberry, and possibly Comrade
3. Start whacking Donny.
4. Revive whoever dies.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 until you either can no longer revive, or he stops spamming Karma in your face.

"Shinsei na seimei yo, junsui , akaru ku teru boku no mae ni tatsu kono aku wo harai kiyome rutameni nagare ru!  Shining Rain!"

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 02:51:22 AM »
How much Ap do you get?

Kai Effin Kuro

• Moppet
  • DIVINE BUSTAAAAAAAA!~
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 08:29:02 PM »
A lot.  With Triple Overdrive and Triple AP, you can make 80+ Sphere Levels each and every time.  Without, I dunno.

"Shinsei na seimei yo, junsui , akaru ku teru boku no mae ni tatsu kono aku wo harai kiyome rutameni nagare ru!  Shining Rain!"

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 06:09:46 PM »
A lot.  With Triple Overdrive and Triple AP, you can make 80+ Sphere Levels each and every time.  Without, I dunno.

yup thats how i maxed out my stats in my FF X perfect game

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 06:12:27 PM »
OK, it looks like a good tactic. So, how do you get auto-phoenix, where do you get overdrive ->weapons and how do you unlock Don Tonberry?

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 06:33:31 PM »

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 08:06:52 PM »
Thanks. I was doing a much longer way of levelling.