Author Topic: FF13 Versus: Spin off  (Read 4286 times)

Judge Magister Gabranth

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Content Content

• View Profile
FF13 Versus: Spin off
« on: September 27, 2008, 05:18:52 AM »
This game, though it is in the same universe, is obviously a spinoff game. Post your sentiments here.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
Re: FF13 Versus: Spin off
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 05:22:24 AM »

hmmm i guess it could be considered a spin-off but i dont know whenever i call it a spin-off it makes it feel like a slightly less cool game

tetsuya said it couldn't be like a FF XIV because this kind of game could just not be a regular number

so they took the fact that it has a dark storyline and made it FF Versus XIII

i dont like calling it a spin-off its awesomeness is beyond spin-off level :D

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 05:25:08 AM by xkeyblademasterx07 »

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

devilman108

• Vanguard
  • "Black is just a shade of white"

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 05:24:04 AM »
when the release date approaches I'll ask Bram to make a Versus sub-forum in the FFXIII forum.

I shall forever wait for the dreams that will never come true

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 06:49:19 AM »
What about FF Agito XIII? I heard that would be on the PSP, and IMO it looks really cool from the pictures I've seen.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 12:49:30 PM »
Spin-off or not from what I've seen it looks awesome and that's no reason to complain.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 05:13:11 PM »
What if it is a spin-off. It doesn't mean its a bad game. I think that those spin-offs are going to be far better. We will just have to wait. ;D

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 07:41:00 PM »
just wondering, i heard that agito xiii is going to be on online game maybe like FF XI

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 11:12:22 PM »
Haven't heard anything like that, I heard it was a mobile game that's been moved to PSP.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »
Thats what i heard too. Maby there is multiplayer option in the game.

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 02:10:13 PM »
Makes sense since [I assume] the battle system is card-based... Maybe you get to duel or something like that with multiplayer. But I don't think it would be 'online', since they say that PSPs out of Japan doesn't have Infrastructural multiplayer function :)

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 06:56:05 PM »
I highly doubt it will be a card game, or anything like Yugioh(dumb piece of **** IMO) I think it will be more like, because Cards play some role to the story, that you would find certain cards, like a Fira Card, and once you obtained it, you could use that spell for as long as you have that card, and then you could level up cards and such to increase power and decrease MP cost. It'll almost be like Materia in Crisis Core or FF7, I think.

Since they play a role in the story, there may be some very important cards that you'd only have for a certain time or something.

I'd like to find out more how these three games are connected, and if everyone meets up in the end, where in the timeline on XIII these games happen about each other, and and their position more in the story, rather than Battle system.

Although I hope the actuall FFXIII keeps to either turn based action like XII or some other way, just so it's not completely an action RPG like CC.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 08:24:38 PM »
yea they said FF Agito XIII would be kinda like Crisis Core

hey maybe it will be kinda like KH: COM battle system

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 10:18:20 PM »
I highly doubt it will be a card game, or anything like Yugioh(dumb piece of **** IMO) I think it will be more like, because Cards play some role to the story, that you would find certain cards, like a Fira Card, and once you obtained it, you could use that spell for as long as you have that card, and then you could level up cards and such to increase power and decrease MP cost. It'll almost be like Materia in Crisis Core or FF7, I think.

Since they play a role in the story, there may be some very important cards that you'd only have for a certain time or something.

I'd like to find out more how these three games are connected, and if everyone meets up in the end, where in the timeline on XIII these games happen about each other, and and their position more in the story, rather than Battle system.

Although I hope the actuall FFXIII keeps to either turn based action like XII or some other way, just so it's not completely an action RPG like CC.

Interesting point about the cards. I can't wait in any case. As for game connections from what I've heard there are absolutely NONE other than crystals in all three.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:27:45 PM by Ultima »

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 10:24:57 PM »
also wee187

tetsuya nomura said that the games are in the same universe but dont really have anything else in common
i also think he said that they take place during different time periods

i highly doubt they will meet in the end because square enix would never bring the main characters into a ff game from a different ff game

funkyman02

• Vanguard
  • Let's bring on the Funk.
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 01:12:42 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that FFVXIII is now the core game of the FFXIII universe. In other words, FFXIII is the spin-off, not FFVXIII. Is there any truth to this? I really don't know. I just think that you shouldn't judge a game as "spin-off" before it has even come out... They seem to be equal in standard.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 01:07:15 AM by funkyman02 »
It is better for you to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator. -Yunalesca, FFX