Author Topic: Final Fantasy V and VI have technical issues on DS  (Read 1823 times)

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Final Fantasy V and VI have technical issues on DS
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:27:46 PM »
Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto updated the Square Enix Members Twitter yesterday with a peculiar message concerning future Final Fantasy DS titles.

Someone asked Hashimoto for an update on possible DS ports of Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI. Hashimoto's response was "For FF5 and 6, there are technical issues as well, so at present these are also undecided."

He said "also" because a previous poster had asked about possible download release for Super Famicom's Seiken Densetsu 3. Hashimoto's response here was, "This is also at preset undecided."

There's an "also" in this response too because prior to this, someone had asked about a release of Square Enix's Ever Heart Odyssey on a platform other than iMode. Hashimoto's response was, "This is at present undecided." This was the first question.

So what kind of technical issues could be holding FFV and FFVI back? It's presumable that Square Enix would do full remakes along the lines of FFIV rather than simple ports.
Source. It's a few days old but I saw that it hasn't been posted anywhere here yet. Unless you have a DS Lite, you should be able to play V and VI on your DS.

Do you think Square Enix should port V and VI to another console? Even though I don't quite get it, how is any different compared to the III and IV DS remakes?

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V and VI have technical issues on DS
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 12:34:22 AM »
"tecnical issues" might be code for "we don't want chibi kefka/Ex-death/etc. and need a real reason" ::)

i'd rather see them remade for PsP in 3-D with good graphics

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:57:46 AM »
I would say "let's have them go PSP" but since I don't have my PSP anymore, I want a DS remake. I didn't know they were having some issues; I really hope it goes okay though.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 10:02:42 AM »
this whole thing is

"we can't be arsed to make FFV/FFVI remakes since we know we'll get more money if we make FFVII remake now"

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 12:13:27 PM »
Well the thing is, FF7 with FF13's level of graphics and detail on the PS3 would take an extremely long amount of time to make. FF13 took 3-4 years and it was quite linear, with no 'roaming' available for about half of the game. Imagine how long FF7 would take, and I think this is why I don't think they'll be remaking it in the foreseeable future.

Personally, I really want to see a remake of VI since it's my favorite FF from the Nintendo generation (and possibly the entire series). I don't really mind whether they do it on the DS or PSP as long as I can play it, I just hope that with the improved graphics they don't take out any other aspect from that game.