Author Topic: Salamander's Art Corner  (Read 1853 times)

salamander

• Moppet
  • Plz don't slay me!

• View Profile
Salamander's Art Corner
« on: September 16, 2009, 10:38:23 PM »
Okay, so my number one hobby in life is making art. 95% of my art is done on the computer in Paint Shop Pro 7, but sometimes I'll go back to traditional media like pencils and stuff. I think Final Fantasy has been my number one inspiration over the years. It fuels my imagination and drive to creativity. Of course, there are other inspirations like books, movies, everyday life, and of course other artists.

I want to be a concept artist for games, and that's a goal I try to work towards everyday. Most of my subject matter is either people or scenery. I really want to improve my skills, and inspire people with my pictures. Please leave comments and/or criticism, because every artist loves to hear feedback on his stuff! :3

Scenery art whohoo! It's so fun to do these.

I'll post up some more of my recent stuff soon, (that is if anyone is interested).

:)

Moderator Edit:

Salamander, since you are new I'll let you off with this little warning. Double posting on this forum is strictly prohibited. To get yourself familiarized with the rules and guidelines, click here.

Judge Magister Gabranth

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 01:56:42 AM by Judge Magister Gabranth »
Behold! I am Salamander, the randomly biased~

Tiamat

• Rear Guard

• View Profile
Re: Salamander's Art Corner
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 02:40:03 AM »
Those are all pretty sweet, I especialy like the scenery ones.

The colors are pretty realistic and nothing stand out too much, so the entire picture can be seen as a whole instead of all the focus going on a single point (just saying this since when I tried drawing scenery I had this problem)

The lighting is also great, like the shadow in the top right one, and the little light beams in the forest picture. Great overall, nice work!

AstriBlair

• Vanguard
  • Behold,the truth and lies that it keeps behind..
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 12:49:29 PM »
Is this all done on Photoshop?Good Work man!!

Awesome!

Life is never easy for Game-addicted humes

salamander

• Moppet
  • Plz don't slay me!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 06:26:29 PM »
Is this all done on Photoshop?

No, I use a program called Paint Shop Pro 7

Behold! I am Salamander, the randomly biased~